Top 2 Ways to Sync OneDrive Between Users Securely and Easily
This article will show you how to sync OneDrive between users in 2 different ways securely. Please read on to learn the 2 ways with detailed steps.
Ready to safeguard your cloud data?Free Sign Up
“My team often needs to send files to each other and all of us are using OneDrive to store files. Therefore, I just wonder if I can sync OneDrive between users so that we can share files in real-time without any manual operation.”
It is common that one user may have multiple OneDrive accounts for different reasons or different OneDrive users may need to grant access to some others. For whatever reason, they may want to sync OneDrive between users or sync files between OneDrive accounts. If you are seeking ways for that, please read on to learn how to sync OneDrive with other users.
Generally, the most important reason for users to sync OneDrive between users is to share files. Therefore, you can take advantage of OneDrive’s capabilities or rely on a third-party cloud sync tool to sync your OneDrive with other users. Please keep reading to learn the detailed methods.
To be able to sync OneDrive with other users, you can use one of OneDrive's most popular features to create a shared folder and share it with other accounts. The user you share the folder with will have the right to access and modify files in the folder, which also can be regarded as a way to sync files between OneDrive accounts.
1. Go to the OneDrive website and log in to your OneDrive account.
2. Click on “+ New” button to create a new folder and name it as “Shared Folder” and move all your files in this account to “Shared Folder”.
3. Select this “Shared Folder” by clicking the circle in the upper corner of the item. Then, click “Share” at the top of the page.
4. Select "Anyone with the link can edit" to customize the link options and click on “Apply”.
5. Once you're back at the main share box, select "Copy" to copy the link to your clipboard.
6. Paste the link and send the link to other users that you want to grant the right to access the files on that account by this link.
Nowadays, there are many third-party cloud sync tools on the market that can help you sync multiple OneDrive accounts with ease. If you need a recommendation, MultCloud is a good choice for you. With it, you can easily add multiple OneDrive accounts on one interface and sync files between these accounts quickly and securely.
1. Create a MultCloud account for free, or you can click Experience without signing up.
2. Click Add Clouds to add the multiple OneDrive accounts in MultCloud.
3. Go to “Cloud Sync” page, click “CLICK SOURCE” to choose one of the OneDrive accounts, and select the folder as the source, then click “CLICK DESTINATION” to choose another OneDrive account as the destination.
4. Finally, click Sync Now to start the sync task.
As we all know, OneDrive offers each user 5GB free storage only, so, many users may have multiple OneDrive accounts to enjoy more free storage space without upgrading their accounts. If you are using multiple OneDrive accounts, you can use CBackupper to combine free cloud storage services of each account into a larger space so that you don’t have to pay money to buy storage.
CBackupper is a free and reliable cloud storage manager, which can help you merge OneDrive accounts on one PC with one login. And besides OneDrive, it also supports many other stream cloud drives like Google Drive, Dropbox and so on. So, you can combine cloud storage belong to one or different cloud storage on one interface.
1. Create a CBackupper account and log in.
2. Navigate to the Clouds tab, click "Add Clouds" at the bottom of My Clouds, select "OneDrive" and click "OK" to add this drive. You can add OneDrive accounts as many as you have.
3. You can repeat the steps above to add as many OneDrive accounts as you have. After adding, all your OneDrive accounts are listed here. With only one login, you can allocate and make full use of their storage space.
Two ways to sync OneDrive between users and one tip to make full use of your OneDrive storage space has been listed above. You can follow the first way to sync and share files between OneDrive users manually or choose the second way the sync files between OneDrive accounts automatically. If you are using multiple OneDrive accounts yourself, don’t forget to use CBackupper to combine your OneDrive storage for free. Besides clouds managements, CBackupper is also a cloud backup tool, you can set up a backup task to backup files between cloud storage that you have added on CBackupper.