How to Move Photos to Album in Google Photos?
Moving photos to album in Google Photos can help you manage and find your photos easier. If you don’t know how to create album and move photos to it, please read on.
Ready to safeguard your cloud data?Get Started
Google Photos makes accessing and sharing your photos from one place easier than ever. What's more, it also works very hard to organize all of your photos into albums, and easily manage who can see which photos. These albums let you easily share important moments with friends, as well as keeping more private moments for your eyes only.
If you want to create albums in your Google Photos, you can read the contents below and follow the steps to create an album in your Google Photos and move photos to it.
1. On your computer, open photos.google.com. and sign in to your Google account.
2. Click on the “Album” option on the left and click on “Create album”.
3. Name your Album. Click “Add photos” to select photos that you want in your album and click “Done”.
✎Note: In your album, you can remove photos that you don’t need. Select the photos, click the three dots icon on the top right, and click “Remove from album”.
4. After creating, you can click “Album” to see your album here. Click the three-dot icon on the upper right corner of the album, you can choose to “Rename album”, “Share album” and “Delete album”.
Alternatively, you can choose the photos that you want in your album on the main page. After selecting, on the top right, click Add (+) > Album > New Album to create a new album and then add photos to it.
1. Open Photos App on your devices and tap on “Albums” tab located in the bottom menu.
2. On the next screen, scroll down and tap on “Create Album” option.
3. On the next screen, add a title for your album and tap on “Select Photos” option to select photos that you want to add to the album and tap on "Add".
✎Note: You can remove photos from any album in Google Photos with the following steps.
1. Tap on "Albums" tab in the bottom menu. In your album, tap and hold on the photo that you want to remove.
2. Tap on three dots icon located at the top-right corner of your screen and then tap on “Remove from Album” option.
Generally, users upload their photos from local devices to Google Drive by Google Backup and Sync or manual uploading, but sometimes, they also need to move photos or even albums from Google Photos to Google Drive for better management.
To move photos or albums from Google Photos to Google Drive, downloading and uploading is a time consuming but feasible way.
1. Firstly download all photos from Google Photos to local devices.
2. Upload these photos from the local computer to Google Drive.
Actually, there are many professional cloud transfer tools in the market that can help you transfer photos or albums from Google Photos to Google Drive directly, saving much time and effort. MultCloud is a free tool that can help you achieve it.
1. Create a MultCloud account and sign in.
2. On its main page, click “Add Cloud Drives” in the top menu to add accounts of Google Photos and Google Drive. Then click “Next”, just follow the easy guidance to finish the adding process.
3. Select the folder in Google Photos you need as the source folder and choose a folder in Google Drive as the transfer target. And then, click “Sync Now”.
Actually, there is a feature in Google Drive that can help you view, download, delete, share, tag, and rename your photos in Google Photos after setting, please follow the steps below to enable this feature.
1. Go to the website of Google Photos and sign in to your Google account.
2. Click "Settings". Turn on “Automatically put your Google Photos into a folder in My Drive” next to "Create a Google Photos folder”.
As we all know, Photos are very memory intensive, especially photos in original quality. So, if you need to backup or move some of your photos from Google Photos to Google Drive, you can get more Google Drive storage with CBackupper to avoid any insufficient storage problem.
CBackupper is a free and web-based service that can help you add and merge Google Drive accounts. In this way, you can combine your Google Drive cloud storage into one and take full use of all your free cloud storage. In addition, it has a clean interface and user-friendly design so that you can easily figure it out even for the first time.
1. Create an account and sign in. Just go to the main page of CBackupper, then type your email, password, and name to sign up for an account.
2. Add your cloud storage accounts owning to one or different cloud drives. Click “Add Clouds” under “Clouds” tab, select your clouds (here is Google Drive), and click “OK”. Then sign in your account and authorize CBackupper to access and manage your Google Drive files.
3. Now, you complete the entire process of adding cloud drives. To add more clouds, you just need to repeat the above steps. And you’d better change the default name to a unique one for distinguish.
✎Note: You can click the three-dot icon next to each cloud drives and select “Allocate Space” to adjust your storage allocation flexibly.
As we can see, it is not hard for most users to create an album and move photos to the album in Google Photos. After reading the contents above, you may already know how to achieve it with simple steps. In addition, Google Photos doesn’t have a merge feature, if you want to merge photos and videos from one Google Photos album into another, you’ll need to copy one album’s contents into the other and then delete the original album.