4 Effective Methods to Solve “Dropbox not Working” Issue
This article will list some effective methods to solve the "Dropbox not working" issue. Please read on to learn the methods with detailed steps.
Ready to safeguard your cloud data?Get Started
“Yesterday, I turned on my computer and want to open my Dropbox app, but it just stuck on ‘Dropbox is starting’ and the status bar just shows ‘connecting’. However, my Dropbox has been running normally before this. And I haven’t changed any of my settings. Now, I don’t know how to deal with it. Please help me! Thanks in advance!”
Dropbox, one of the most used cloud storage services, provides users with 2GB free cloud storage space and allows users to upload files to the cloud. And then, you are able to access them anywhere on any of your devices including Mac, PC, iPhone or Android devices.
Dropbox relies on an unrestricted internet connection to backup your files to the cloud via its desktop and mobile clients. As mentioned above, sometimes, you may encounter issues like “Dropbox not working” when using Dropbox. Actually, the “Dropbox not working” issue is very common. The main causes may be client bug, internet connection, firewall issues, Anti-virus affection, etc.
If Dropbox suddenly stops working, it would bring big inconvenience to users. This page will provide 4 methods for you to fix Dropbox not working error with simple steps. If you are having such a problem, relax and just follow below methods to solve your issue without losing any files now.
If Dropbox stuck on your computer, you can restart Dropbox by quitting the program completely and starting it again to see if you can fix this error. After closing Dropbox, you'd better restart your computer, then reopen Dropbox.
1. Right-click the Taskbar and select "Task Manager".
2. Look for the Dropbox process in the list.
3. If Dropbox is showing here, select it, right click and select "End task".
4. If Dropbox is not here or you have ended the task, restart it using the desktop icon or menu item.
Some anti-viruses will conflict with the third programs like Dropbox. So you can remove it from the antivirus program’s blacklist or disable the antivirus software temporarily and see if Dropbox is able to work normally.
In general, if you are running Windows system, Windows Firewall may block Dropbox. In this case, you don’t need to turn off the Firewall but you can add this application to the exception list to allow access.
1. Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Defender > Open Windows Defender Security Center > Firewall & network protection > Allow an app through firewall.
2. In the pop-up dialog, click Change settings, scroll down the list of apps, find Dropbox and check the boxes of Private and Public.
3. Click OK to save the change.
When Dropbox goes on strike, you have to spend much more time addressing it, thereby having low working or studying efficiency. Actually, even your Dropbox can’t work normally no matter online or on the application, your account and files are still there, you can use a Dropbox client alternative tool - CBackupper to replace Dropbox.
CBackupper is a free online cloud services that allows you to add and manage multiple cloud storage accounts like Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive on it to manage and transfer your files freely. To use it, you just need to create an account in website and log in without downloading any app. Now, follow the steps below to try it.
1. Create a CBackupper account freely and sign in.
2. Add and authorize your Dropbox account under the “Clouds” tab. Choose Dropbox icon and click “OK”. Then follow the instructions to go to Dropbox website to grant access to CBackupper.
✎Note: CBackupper bases on standard OAuth system that can ensure your account’s security. There is no need to worry about personal information data disclosure.
After adding, you can manage and transfer files on Dropbox via CBackupper according to your needs. If you want to abandon Dropbox, you can migrate all the files on it to another cloud drive by following the steps below.
1. Click on “Tasks” tab at the top of the page, then, click “Create Task” button to create backup task.
2. Name your backup task, click “Add Source” button to add a Dropbox as the backup source. You can select files that you want to transfer on Dropbox or choose the entire Dropbox as backup source.
3. Similarly, click “Add Destination” button to add another cloud drive as the backup destination. Then, Click "Start Backup” in the lower right corner to perform task.
You can click “Schedule” button to set up an automatic transfer task in Specific time/Daily/Weekly/Monthly mode.
You can click “Settings” button before starting transferring to enjoy “File Filter” features. It can help you exclude certain types of files or contain only specified types of files when transferring.
You can also enable email notification under “Settings”. Then, once the task succeeds or fails, you will receive an email from CBackupper.
In addition to the above methods, you can try many other possible methods to fix the issue of Dropbox not working on Windows 10 or Mac PC. You can try these methods:
Exit other applications.
Try installing Dropbox from Windows Store.
Update the Dropbox application to the latest version.
Common methods to “Dropbox not working” issue has been shown to you in the contents above, and you can try these methods to solve your problem. Actually, although Dropbox can be an extremely useful storage tool, it’s only helpful when it works.
However, many Dropbox users reports that they often meet Dropbox problems and cannot guarantee that it will be repaired every time. In this case, you’d better use CBackupper and add your Dropbox account on it. It can not only help you manage files on Dropbox, but also help you run multiple Dropbox accounts at the same time. What’s more, it is free, don’t hesitate to use it.