How to Backup Windows 10 Files to Google Drive?
In this article, you will learn how to backup files in Windows 10 to Google Drive and how to get more free storage space of Google Drive with free. Please keep reading.
With generous 15GB free storage and powerful features, Google Drive has become one of the most popular cloud storage services around the world today. It allows you to save almost all kinds of files including documents, pictures, videos and so on to its cloud. Meanwhile, to help users backup files to Google Drive, Google releases different apps for different devices. You can use both website and desktop app to backup files to Google Drive.
In short, Google Drive is indeed a good backup solution for your files, if you happen to be looking for a suitable Windows 10 backup solution, you can read on and learn how to backup Windows 10 to Google Drive within simple steps.
Actually, people may backup files in Windows 10 to Google Drive for different reasons. If you are still not sure if you should backup files to Google Drive, you can check the benefits of backing up files to Google Drive first:
☛Google Drive provides users with easy ways to share their files with other Google Drive accounts or team members.
☛Data in Google Drive is kept far away from the local hardware so your data will never lose in the case of system crash, PC dies, natural disasters, and any other expected troubles.
☛The data is accessible everywhere without platform restriction. For instance, you can view the files on your Android device through the Google Drive app. This also prevents you from the pain of connecting your phone to your PC and backing up the data manually.
☛You can backup data from multiple PCs with Google Drive so that you can access your files without the limitation of locations. For example, if you backed up your important data from your company’s computer to Google Drive, you can view these files at home as long as you log in to the same account. And files from the different computers are stored separately on your Google Drive.
As mentioned above, for Windows 10 users, Google Drive allows you to backup files to its cloud via both website and desktop app. The following contents will show you how to backup files in Windows 10 to Google Drive.
If you only need to backup a few files, you can go to use their website version directly instead of installing an app on your computer. But if you need to backup a large number of files or almost entire PC files to Google Drive, you’d better use the desktop app called Backup and Sync.
Google Drive website has a clear interface and user-friendly design, so, you can easily figure it out. Follow the steps below to upload files or folders from the local computer manually via Google Drive website:
1. Go to Google Drive website and login to your account.
2. On the Google Drive main page, click the “My Drive” > “Upload files” or “Upload folder” button.
3. You can browse and select all your files and folders on your local PC here, choose the files or folders you want to upload and click “Open”.
Backup and Sync is a desktop app for both Windows and macOS users, offered by Google. After installing, you can sync files across local computer and Google Drive automatically. The steps below will show you how to set up Backup and Sync in Windows 10 and let it auto backup Windows 10 to Google Drive:
1. Download and install Backup and Sync on your computer from Google official website.
2. Sign in your Google Account. Then, you will be given the general introduction of this application.
3. On the next screen, the app will prompt you to choose which folders you want to back up. Click “Choose Folder” to select the folder you want to sync. Make your selection and hit “Next”.
4. On the last screen, choose whether you want to reverse sync your existing Drive files on your computer. Finally, select “SRART” and the syncing will begin. As long as the program is running, all future changes will be automatically synced.
✎Note: Many Backup and Sync users complain that they meet the “Backup and Sync not working” issue inexplicably sometimes. And, Backup and Sync also runs slowly or be unconnected on Windows or MAC from time to time. If you meet these kinds of issues, you can use a free alternative like AOMEI Backupper Standard to backup files to Google Drive.
Besides upgrading your accounts, merging Google Drive accounts and combine the free storage into a huge backup space is also a good way to get more space for backup. To achieve this goal, you can rely on a professional cloud manager service - cBackupper. Let’s see how to use cBackupper:
1. Create an account and sign in. Just go to the main page of cBackupper, click “Sign up” at the upper right side, then type your email, password, and name. After that, sign in your account.
2. Navigate to the Clouds tab, click "Add Clouds" at the bottom of My Clouds, select "Google Drive" and click "OK" to add this drive. You can add Google Drive accounts as many as you have.
3. After adding, all your Google Drive accounts are listed here. With only one login, you can take full use of their free storage space for backup. You can click the three-dot icon next to each cloud drives and select “Allocate Space” option to adjust the storage space you want to use for backup flexibly with three options as shown in the picture below.
That’s all about how to backup Windows 10 to Google Drive, you can choose any of the ways above to follow. Don’t forget to use cBackupper to expand your free backup space. What’s more, cBackupper is also a cloud backup tool, which can help you backup files in Google Drive to another cloud storage directly so that you can keep a backup version in another cloud.