Top 3 Ways to Backup OneDrive to Dropbox with Ease?
This article shows the top 3 ways to backup OneDrive to Dropbox with ease. If you happen to be looking for this, please read on to learn the detailed information.
Ready to safeguard your cloud data?Free Sign Up
Nowadays, there are many cloud storage on the market that allows users to store data online for safekeeping. OneDrive and Dropbox are both popular cloud storage around the world. If users are using the two cloud storage at the same time, chances are that users may need to backup files from OneDrive to Dropbox from time to time.
Generally, the main reason for backing up OneDrive to Dropbox is to make a copy of the OneDrive data and store the data in Dropbox because data in cloud drive is not absolutely safe due to human errors or technical bugs. Therefore, backing up OneDrive to Dropbox can prevent you from losing all your data at once.
If you realize the necessity but don’t know how to backup Dropbox to OneDrive easily, please read on. In the following contents, you will learn how to achieve easily data backup between OneDrive and Dropbox in three different ways.
Most cloud drive users must be familiar with the traditional way to backup cloud data – downloading files from cloud drive and then re-uploading the files to another cloud storage. This method is also available here. Follow the instruction to back up your files from OneDrive to Dropbox via web app:
1. Go to the website of OneDrive and sign in your account.
2. Select the files or folder you need and click “Download”.
3. Go to the website of Dropbox and log in to your account.
4. Click on "My Drive", then, you can choose "Upload files" or "Upload folder" to upload from your computer.
Or, you can download both OneDrive and Dropbox desktop app on your computer to move files between the OneDrive folder and Dropbox folder easily:
2. Find OneDrive and Dropbox folder in your system. Copy and paste files you need between the two folders.
Actually, although manual ways are feasible, they are time-consuming especially when you need to backup your cloud data frequently. If you need a way to backup OneDrive to Dropbox directly and automatically without downloading any app and occupying local storage, you can follow the methods below.
To improve the backup efficiency and save your time, you are suggested to backup your files with a free and professional cloud backup tool – CBackupper, which is a web-based cloud backup service that supports many famous cloud drives including Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive as well as FTP/SFTP.
As long as you register one CBackupper account on the website of Backupper, you can add accounts belonging to the same or different cloud drives as many as you have. And then, you can set up a backup task to do cloud to cloud backup easily and quickly. Now, look at the steps below to learn how to backup OneDrive to Dropbox with CBackupper.
1. Go to the CBackupper’s website and click on the “Create Account” on the main page to create a CBackupper account and then sign in.
2. After logging in, please navigate to the “Clouds” tab, click "Add Clouds" at the bottom of “My Clouds”, select "OneDrive" and click "OK" to add this drive. You can add Dropbox accounts through the same steps.
✎Note: CBackupper bases on OAuth Authorization System, which will never save your login information like cloud account and password. Meanwhile, CBackupper already meets the requirements of the GDPR to guarantee the privacy and security of your personal data.
3. You can see all the added cloud drives on the left side of the “Clouds” page. Click the three-dot icon next to each cloud drive, you can select “Allocate Space” option to adjust the storage space for backup.
4. Click “Tasks” tab at the top of the page to switch to the Tasks page. then, click “Create Task” button to create your backup task.
5. Then, you can edit the name of the backup task. After that, click “Add Source” button to add OneDrive as backup source. Similarly, click “Add Destination” to Dropbox as a backup destination.
Finally, click “Start Backup” in the lower right corner to backup OneDrive to Dropbox.
☛You can choose the entire cloud storage or just certain files when you add the backup source.
☛CBackupper also offers many backup features that can help you set up an automatic backup task to protect your data regularly or exclude some unwanted files while backing up to save your backup space and time. You can click “Settings” to check these features.
☛You can tick “Secondary Destination” option to select a secondary backup destination in case your first backup destination is insufficient.
With the effective ways above, you can easily backup OneDrive to Dropbox. If you need to backup files between cloud storage frequently, you’d better use CBackupper to do it, saving both time and effort. It is totally free, why not give it a try?