How to Backup FTP to Dropbox Easily and Efficiently?
This article will show you how to backup files from FTP to Dropbox in a few clicks and introduce you a free cloud backup tool - cBackupper.
“I have some websites and I need to back up them daily. Generally, I use FTP to store files of website, so, I go to my FTP every day to grab the backup, then upload it to Dropbox. However, it is really cumbersome to repeating this operation every day. Therefore, is there any other convenient way to backup FTP to Dropbox?”
Most user, especially website builder, are familiar with File Transfer Protocol (FTP), which is a standard network protocol that can help users to transfer files between client and server. Many users may use it to store their website files. Although FTP has generally proven to be more reliable than local storage places, human errors like accidentally delete important files, overwrite one another’s documents, and download viruses could still lead to a data disaster.
Therefore, it is important to make a backup. To save local storage space, people may choose to backup files from FTP to cloud drive directly. As one of the most popular cloud drive, Dropbox is a secure file sharing and storage solution that has millions of users all over the world. So, backing up files from FTP to Dropbox directly has been the first choice for most users.
To backup FTP to cloud drives such as Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc, you can use the free cloud backup tool like cBackupper to make things easier.
cBackupper is a web-based online cloud backup program, which can enable you to backup FTP/SFTP to your own cloud drives easily and directly. With it, you can not only easily backup files from FTP to Dropbox, but also set up an automatic backup task to backup your files on FTP in daily/weekly/monthly mode, saving much time and effort.
To backup FTP to Dropbox, you can You can backup FTP to Dropbox with the following steps.
1. Go to the official site of cBackupper, click "Sign Up" to get your own cBackupper account with an Email account. Then, cBackupper website will send you an email, and you should get into your email to activate your account. Then, back to cBackupper to sign in.
2. Click “Add Cloud” on the “Clouds” page. Choose cloud or FTP icon and click “OK”. Then follow the instructions to go to Dropbox website to grant access to cBackupper. Add FTP by entering your FTP server address, FTP username, and password.
☛cBackupper bases on standard OAuth system, which is a standard authorization framework that enables third-party applications to access multiple cloud accounts. So, you can safely add and authorize your accounts.
☛The added cloud drives are listed on the left side of the page. You can click the three-dot icon next to each cloud drives and select “Allocate Space” option to adjust the storage space you want to use for backup flexibly with three options as shown in the picture below.
3. Click on “Tasks” tab at the top of the page, then, click “Create Task” button.
4. Name your task, click “Add Source” button to add the FTP server as the source. Similarly, click “Add Destination” button to add Dropbox account as the migration destination.
✎Note: When you choose the backup destination, remember to tick “Secondary Destination” option to choose a secondary backup destination. Once the space of your first backup destination is insufficient, files will be automatically backed up to the second one.
5. Click “Start Backup” in the lower right corner to perform task.
• You can click “Settings” button before starting backup to enjoy “File Filter” features. It can help you exclude certain types of files or contain only specified types of files when transferring.
• You can click “Settings” button to set up a scheduled transfer task in Specific time/Daily/Weekly/Monthly mode. Then, data will be transferred at a regular interval or simply for a special timing automatically, saving both time and effort.
• You can enable email notification under “Settings”. Then, once the task succeeds or fails, you will receive an email from cBackupper.
With only a few clicks, you will easily backup FTP to Dropbox with cBackupper. In addition, as a powerful web-based online cloud backup program, cBackupper can also help you restore the files that have been previously backed up to the original location or a new location easily. What’s more, it allows to add multiple cloud drive accounts to get unlimited storage space freely, which can bring you much convenience.