How to Backup Computer to Dropbox for Free? (3 Ways)
This article will show you how to backup computer to Dropbox for free in 3 ways with detailed steps, and tell you a tip to get more space of Dropbox for free.
Ready to safeguard your cloud data?Free Sign Up
Nowadays, the necessity of backing up computers has been paid more and more attention. We will lose important data stored on the computer for many reasons. The computer system has been hacked, the hard disk has failed, and the computer has been stolen.
These are accidents that we cannot expect, and they may happen in the next minute. In order to avoid the permanent loss of important data due to unexpected accidents or the advent of natural disasters, backing up computers has become imminent. Read this to learn all the information about the backup laptop or computer to Dropbox.
Among many backup methods, online backup has been loved by more and more people. The cloud storage services represented by Dropbox can save your computer files simply, quickly, and securely.
☛The advantages to backup computer to Dropbox include the following:
Access anytime, anywhere: Back up data in Dropbox, as long as your computer or mobile phone can access the network, you can access the data saved in Dropbox anytime, anywhere without carrying a laptop or external hard drive.
Automatic: It is very troublesome to make a backup every time the data changes. Using Dropbox to back up data does not take extra time. Whenever you are connected to the Internet, computer files are automatically backed up to the cloud.
Off-site: The data in Dropbox is on a remote server to ensure that your data is safe whether it is a natural disaster or theft.
Simple: With Dropbox, it is easy to backup and restore and manage data. With just a few mouse clicks, you can easily automate tasks.
This chapter will use three methods to show how to back up your computer to Dropbox, through Dropbox's web and desktop clients, and a free third-party tool called AOMEI Backupper Standard. You can choose the one that suits you best according to your usage habits or needs.
Backup files to Dropbox manually is a very straightforward method. The steps are as follows:
1. Go to the Dropbox website and sign in to your Dropbox account, click Upload files or Upload folder.
2. Select the file or folder to be uploaded and click Open.
3. Save the uploaded file to an existing folder or create a new folder to save, click Upload.
In addition to being on the Dropbox web, you can also use Dropbox's desktop client to back up files on your computer.
1. Go to dropbox.com/downloading, download, and install the Dropbox app. After installation, a window containing the Dropbox icon will pop up on the screen.
2. Log in to your Dropbox account. And click Open my Dropbox.
3. Navigate to a folder named "Dropbox" in C:\Users\Username, and add any file or folder to be backed up to it. It will automatically start syncing data to your Dropbox cloud.
If you have more professional backup needs or want to backup entire computer to Dropbox, the above two methods may be a little troublesome. You can use third-party services such as AOMEI Backupper Standard to automatically back up computer data to Dropbox, and you can always restore the backup file whenever you need it.
1. Download, install, and start the free AOMEI Backupper Standard.
2. Under the Backup tab on the homepage, click File Backup. If you need to back up the entire computer, you can select Disk Backup.
3. In the next window, select any folder or file that needs to be backed up by clicking Add Folder or Add File.
4. Click Select a cloud drive as shown, select Dropbox as the backup destination.
5. Click Schedule, select the period of automatic backup (daily/weekly/monthly), click Option to view, and select more options. Finally, click Start Backup.
Get More Dropbox Space for Free via CBackupper
Although in many ways, backup computer with Dropbox is a good way to help you protect the data of the computer, but Dropbox only provides 2GB of storage space for newly registered accounts, which really troubles many users. After all, not all users want to invest funds in data backup.
Fortunately, with the third-party service CBackupper web app, you can combine the free space of multiple Dropbox accounts to form a larger space for backup. You can even combine the space of your cloud drive accounts such as Google Drive and OneDrive to make full use of all cloud disk resources.
1. If you are a new user, create a new account, and log in.
2. Navigate to the Clouds tab, there is a My Clouds list on the left side of the page, click Add Clouds below, select the cloud storage to be added, here you need to click Dropbox, and then click OK to add and authorize the account.
✎Note: Simply repeat this step to add all cloud driver accounts to CBackupper, and they will all be collected under the My Clouds list. You only need to log in once to access and use the combined space to back up your data.
3. After adding the cloud, you can modify the Display Name of the cloud disk, and click Allocate to allocate storage space. By default, all available space of the cloud drives you add to CBackupper will be used for backup. Click OK to confirm.
Backup Your Computer to AOMEI Cloud (1000GB)
If you feel that the Dropbox storage plan cannot meet your needs for backing up data, you can switch to a more professional service with a larger backup space, such as the CBackupper application. It supports storing local data to AOMEI Cloud in a professional way of backup. You can try it free for 15 days and you can directly have 1000GB of backup space (after that, you can continue to use 1000GB with just one payment). Start downloading CBackupper to protect your local data!
If you want to know how to backup computer to Dropbox, the above three methods can help you achieve it. You can upload files manually through Dropbox's web page and client, or automatically backup computer data through third-party tools. In addition, don't forget to use CBackupper to get more Dropbox backup storage space for free, which can make full use of cloud disk space and protect your data. The CBackupper client can also be used as a Dropbox alternative cloud backup service to help you back up data to a larger space in a more professional way.